Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tonight's Successes!!!

Last night Lucy had her first success on the potty! Woohoo! We've started sitting her down on the potty at night before bedtime, giving her a book, and just making her sit there for a few minutes. So, last night, Brad and Lucy were sitting there, and he heard her say "peepee" but figured it was just her normal chatter. Then he said when she got up, there was some in there! WOOHOO! (I was out visiting friends, so I wasn't a part of last night's success...)

Then tonight!!! I went in with her. I sat on the big potty - lid down - and she sat on hers with her Christmas story book that Bibi sent her last year. She read through the whole book, then after a minute said "YAY!" and asked for paper, wiped herself and stood up. OH MY GOSH! THERE WAS PEE IN THE TOILET!!! I went W I L D! I did a little dance, I jumped up and down, we gave high 5's! It was fantastic! She was so excited! I even gave her some candy and told her that she can have some every time she goes in the potty! Wow! What a night! Her little grin was priceless! (Of course in the excitement of it all, I didn't get a picture! But trust me, it was amazing!)

THEN. Yep, it gets better.

We went to her bedroom and read her story book, My Grandma and Me (we love Mercer Mayer and that Little Monster) and then her Bible story about Noah. Then she said "sing God Big" aka "My God is so Big, so Strong and so Mighty..." And we had her sing it and do the motions, which she sang more tonight and did more motions tonight than she's ever done!

And then we went to pray. Brad asked her if she wanted to pray. So we started, "Thank you Jesus," and she said "Thank you, Jesus" and so on and so forth. She repeated everything we said, including "Protect me while I sleep"... "p-tect hmmmhu... sweep" PRECIOUS!

It was a wonderful night! She is precious and I'm totally smitten with her! Thank you, Jesus, for this amazing gift of my big 2 year and 10 month old! Wow. I am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. My girls love the "God Big" song too! Can't wait for the day they all get to play together again, a little older this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!