And the food... yum! I made 2 pecan pies, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, and 3 jugs of sweet tea...and brought the can of cranberry sauce! (All a great success!) And let's not forget all the yumminess brought by our friends, including: the turkey!, northern style stuffing, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls... wow. It was fantastic! And the dessert table included mini chocolate cupcakes (which we realized today that Lucy had 3 of them! I gave her one, later Brad gave her one, and then I walked in and she'd grabbed another one!), a pumpkin roll (like a big go swiss cake roll), pumpkin cheesecake, apple crumble, KY derby pie, homemade whipped cream...and more! *There was also food brought by our international friends. I did not make room in my tummy for any of that. Can't sacrifice prime tummy space for international food on Thanksgiving! Any other day, maybe, but not this day!*
And I'm happy to report that it's the next day at 12:45, it's only 77 outside, we watched the replay of the Homewood High School band performing in the parade yesterday (my alma mater), we're watching Garfield's Thanksgiving Special right now, followed by Garfield's Christmas Special, and we've eaten our leftovers - that were just as good as last night!
Bliss. What a wonderful holiday season already!
Lucy was wonderful all night, too. She played and ate a pretty good plate of food - which Brad polished off for her - and then capped it off with at least 3 chocolate cupcakes. She did get into a tube of silver glitter glue while playing in the 11 year old girl's bedroom of our hosts. She came downstairs with big globs of it all over her face! I can only assume she thought it was lotion and began rubbing it all over her face. Precious. And very funny. Thankfully, it all came off quite easily. It looked like eyeshadow on her eyes! And there's a bit of glitter still on her, but that's the nature of glitter.
And you know, I'm excited to think about our holiday season next year! We'll be in the US for the first time in 3 years and will be with family. I'm excited about being able to add to the cooking for the holidays. Like a *real* adult! Get ready Mom and Mom-in-law! :)
At one point, these 4 were all crowded around an iPod watching Jungle Book.
The Turkey Coma setting in...
Aw. Family.
We had Skype dates with family after we got home. Lucy's turkey coma started setting in, too. Brad was loving all the cuddle time he got! (I got some too!)
But then she got an energy boost while talking to my Dad and Sister and family. This was how she spent a lot of the time while we talked to them.
SO much to be thankful for! Brad, Lucy, our family, the technology that allowed us to be able to talk to our family, our yummy food, amazing friends, lots of laughter, our health, the beautiful weather... so much. And mostly, our amazing Savior, Jesus Christ, who came into this world as a baby, in order to save us. He lived, died, and rose again and is seated at the right hand of the Father even to this day. We are so grateful for Him and what he did for us. And that we are His children! Do you know the Him?



1. Brad's coma picture is so funny!! How is that even comfortable?
ReplyDelete2. Love it that you celebrated an American holiday with so many internationals! Did y'all explain to them what Thanksgiving was, exactly?
3. I laughed at the glitter. Reminded me of a friend of mine who says glitter is like herpes - you can't get rid of it and you pass it on to everyone you touch. haha!! (Feel free to delete this if it makes you cringe!)
and you know I'm not deleting this... laughed out loud at #3!
ReplyDelete