Toes: Sometimes, when I can't get to a big city and get me a good pedicure, I just have to do it for myself. Ya know what I mean? I mean, we live in the desert! It's a harsh environment. And while all of you back in the US of A are wearing your socks and shoes now, we're still in flip flops/chacos/sandals...and will be fore a while, now! That's quite a long season of wear and tear on your feet-sies. So, a good chick flick (or sometimes a mediocre one) and a good friend and some good scrubbing is just the thing I need!
Nice posing there, Mrs. G!
Tents: Odd. Yes, I know. But that's our daughter sometimes... Odd. For a few days last week, when we went into her room in the mornings or after nap time, she'd have all of her books set up on her bed like so:She calls them "tents" and rightly so. Brad said he saw her one time with one of her stuffed animals, acting like they were going into one of the tents. Priceless. She's into pretending now and I LOVE IT!
AND she posed for a picture for me! Sheesh! Maybe this girl is growing up!
Now for other such cuteness: Took a trip to a bigger city a few weekends ago for groceries and some city-life for a day. Gosh, we are such city people! Lucy found these rubber animals and sat there, playing pretend (yay!) for at least 30 minutes, uninterrupted, while her her amazing Daddy shared the Good News with one of the workers in the store! :) I love my life...
And she charmed her Daddy into buying that there zebra!She clings to certain animals on certain days. And while she was inseparable from Violet last year, sweet Violet hasn't gotten much attention this year. Until one day last week! Wow! She got the prime seat watching Dumbo and everything!
Lucy loves Pringles! "own green chippies" (Sour cream and onion, for those of you who aren't so well versed in Pringles can colors.)
And Ellie the elephant got some love one morning before school. Look how big Lucy looks! I love her hair in a ponytail!
Posing with Super Daddy!
And just so we're straight. My Christmas music is going strong. November 1st. This may be the longest I've waited to listen to Christmas music in my whole life! What was I thinking? It's so stinking amazing! And since moving out of the US for an extended period of time has changed my favorite holiday from July 4th to Christmas, I'm ALL about it! * Brad says we can put up our tree when we get back from our vacation. Yay! (It went up on November 20 last year. Probably will be about that time this year. I cannot wait! I've been asking for weeks...) And I'm talking GOOD Christmas music, solid, real Christmas music... Future of Forestry, Andrew Peterson, TobyMac, Todd Agnew, Point of Grace...none of that frufru stuff!
*Let's be clear, though. Christmas is and always has been the BEST holiday, besides Easter Resurrection Sunday. I mean, the Savior of the world coming to Earth to live like us, go through the same stuff, and still be without sin - to make the RIGHT decision every single time! - and then to die FOR us. And then to rise again, for the Glory of the One who made Him? Come on! That is the BEST Thing we could possibly celebrate. I'm excited thinking about it! And the chances that I have to tell people about it make me excited!! You? Do you like telling people about Jesus? His life, his ministry... the reason He did it all? I do.*



I love the way you worded all of this! So funny! And yes, by far the funniest sleeping thing I've seen in awhile is all the tent books. haha!!
ReplyDeleteI affirm everything in this blog post.
ReplyDelete