Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer 2014: Part 9, The BIG DAY

June 21. 
Big Day. 
First and foremost, it is this guy's birthday - 
I spent all day with Meredith and Lesley at the church and getting ready.
Lucy spent all day with Babu, playing and having fun.
Brad and Will spent all day at home, being cute.

 Sweet hairstylist Whitney making Mere's hair gorgeous. 
I did a small henna design on Meredith's feet while she was getting her hair done. Can't believe I didn't take any pictures! I actually ended up doing henna on all the bridesmaids' feet, too!
 Gorgeous!
 Meredith's united! 
Meredith 'best friend' doing Meredith 'sister's' makeup

 Final product! I've got some beautiful sisters! 
(My other sis is beautiful, too, she's just not pictured)



 The baby of the family. It's a safe bet that you'll find her sitting on mom's lap when she's home.
 My very handsome stepdad, Bill. 
 Don't be fooled, she's sassy!
 This cutie pie joined us around 3 for her pictures and to rehearse a bit more.
 Getting ready to go!
 5:00 start time!
Ginger and I did the music. Ginger has known our family for a long, long time and her daughter Rachael is Meredith's best friend. Ginger was one of my choir teachers when I was a child.
I sang 5 songs: 
Be Thou My Vision, for the moms to walk in
Oceans (Where Feet May Fail), for the bridal party
Jesus, Savior Pilot Me, for the flower girls and then a big key change for the last verse and for Meredith to walk in to
Here is Love Vast as the Ocean, a congregational hymn
What a Friend We Have in Jesus, for the recessional

Fuzzy picture, but still radiant!



And then they were One. 
Jon & Meredith Thompson
June 21, 2014
 Let's get this party started!
One funny story...Lesley and I stayed with M&J for their pictures after the wedding. We stopped off at a farm on the way to the reception and took a very long time taking more pictures. After that, Les and I drove to the reception, but only arrived a few seconds before Mere & Jon. I was trying to get there before them so that I could tell the band to announce their arrival. But I ended up walking through the parking lot at the same time as M & J. A golf cart driver drove up and offered them a ride. I was just gonna walk, but Mere insisted I get on the cart with them. 
SO, we drove up to the reception and there we were - the Bride, the Groom, and ME! Ha!  
Mere and Bill, father/daughter dance
 Will spent a good portion of his time under the table. He'd spilt ice down there and then he went down there and ate it! He was happy and contained, so we were happy!
 The flower girls were big time dancers!
 So cute.
 It was a perfect day. Meredith was beautiful, happy, unstressed. To God be the glory!
It was an amazing day, preceded by an amazing few weeks leading up to it. I was incredibly blessed to have been a part of the process - dress fittings, logistics coordinating, hair appointments, decorations, makeup, music, henna, sisters... it was truly a blessing! Thank you, Meredith (& Jon) for letting me be a part of your special day! I love you both! Can't wait to see what God has in store for ya'll!




2 comments:

  1. Love! Love! The pics are beautiful! Meridith was a stunning bride! So glad you were able to be there and celebrate this wonderful occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding looks so fun, and elegantly laid back! That last shot's view...I bet that was a stunner! Praise God that He worked out the timing and ability for y'all to attend.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!