Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer 2014: Part 5, The Yard Sale

June 14, a day that will live in infamy. Oh wait, it's not a big deal to you? Well, then you missed out on the yard sale to end all yard sales. I have to say, I'm kinda a yard sale queen. Just take my word for it. :)
This picture got us started. MGW's friend Rachel came over the day before the sale and staged it, took it, and then posted it. And BAM, we sold almost every single thing in this picture before the sale even started!
We found jewels like this the whole time; This is a land grant from the 1800s. (We didn't sell this. Family heirloom.) Our grandmother moved out of her house and in with Mom & Bill, so most of this sale was her stuff.
 This trunk was in amazing shape! It's been in storage for years!
 And these things still had files in them! 
 Ah, yard sale prep at it's best. Late at night.
We were worried about little Will during all this. 
 Remember those amazing friends I talked about in the last post?? They let Lucy spend the night with them, so she was taken care of. And the plan was for my amazing Daddy to come get Will. But they'd never been alone just the two of them and I had no idea how it would go! But I'm here to tell ya, Will was so happy to get in the car with his Babu and he even waved at me as they drove off! 
God is so good!

And those same friends, well, this is their oldest, their son, Joshua. He's got an entrepreneurial spirit and wanted to come sell some stuff. He worked with us for about 3 hours and did great! 
 MGW lamenting a broken dish that she loved. I love the drama in this shot!
 Oh, Leslady.
 Oh, yes.
The sale was a huge success! And we got rid of everything by about 2:30 that afternoon! 
Praise the Lord! 
Brad and I showered, and met Babu, Andrea, Aunt Emily, and Uncle Jeremy and our kiddos at Maccaroni Grill that night for an amazing supper. Gosh, I was tired! (We woke up at 4 am!)

Now, it was time to start focusing on the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!