Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer 2014: Part 1, The Flight There

On Sunday, May 25, we loaded up and headed to the USA for a month of "vacation." (When you finish reading all these posts, you'll understand why I use quotation marks around vacation...)

I wish that I had more information to give you about this first leg of our trip. But honestly, so much has happened in the last 6+ weeks, that I can't really remember much about it! I do remember that Will didn't really sleep much - except for when he was laying on me! (Which is precious, but a bit difficult on an airplane for 5 hrs of a 9 hr flight!) But we survived and our luggage made it. Thanks be to God!

We had to be at the airport at 10:30pm. The kids were doing wonderfully at this point, despite being way past bedtime.


 They even made a friend!

On the bus to the airplane.
 Our first flight!
 Lucy was fast asleep.
On the train in the Frankfurt Airport.


This was on the flight from Frankfurt to Chicago. He was passed out!
 Sweet Brad even cut up my meal for me so that I could eat it over Will.
 We were on the back row of the plane and I was freezing - except for where Will's body was laying on me. Kids are sweaty sleepers!
 So sweet.
Flying over Iceland or somewhere cold...
 In Chicago.


 A M E R I C A!  A M E R I C A!  A M E R I C A! 

I now realize that I didn't take any pictures of our amazing family that met us at the airport... We were missing our stroller, so I was dealing with the airline office. I guess you see what we were most excited about when we arrived! :) (JUST KIDDING!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!