I left Brad and the kids in TN and headed back down to AL for the last few days before the Big Wedding Day. Meredith and I did a lot of preparations, but I also had some great girlfriend time. Actually, I saw my amazing college roomie, Robin, before I left TN and I could kick myself for not getting a picture with her! We got pedicures and lunch together and laughed and talked about the world and about Jesus and it was amazing! I love you, Robin!
And then I met with the rest of my CHIKS. (We missed Robin & Jenny) Seriously, this was the most amazing time of fellowship with these ladies since college. Dear, dear friends who all love the Lord Jesus and are encouraging and loving, and goodness gracious, it was good for my soul!
And speaking of good for my soul - my oldest and dearest friend, Meredith. This gal and I have been thick as thieves since elementary school. I named my sister Meredith after this amazing Meredith. This one knows exactly what to say into my life at exactly the right time and I'm truly blessed by her. She was my maid of honor and I was hers. LOVE You, sister.
Yay! Both of my Merediths!
A bride-to-be in a buggy!
Mom & Bill's lake house. That screened in porch, y'all. I could stay out there forever!
Rehearsal Day!
Stage setup
Getting ready to go to the rehearsal
The last grape on the vine, Lesley, and the Father-of-the-Bride, Bill.
(In Arabic, the last child is described as the last grape on the vine, the most precious one. All my Arab friends are impressed when they hear me say this phrase in Arabic.)
Sweet Barbara is the most amazing wedding planner! She was mine, too!
Lucy and Jon's 2 nieces were the flower girls.
Lucy got the best seat in the house, next to Bibi, the Mother-of-the-Bride
Do you think I look like my mom?
Um, yes.
Jon, his mom, and his sisters put on the most beautiful rehearsal dinner! Yummy Mexican food, beautiful decorations, and very touching speeches about Mere and Jon, their love of each other, their influence on their friends, and their deep desire to serve God above all and in all. So so good.
Nothing left except to get these crazy kids married!!!






















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!