Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Part 3: Christmas Day

Around 9, my Mom (Bibi), Bill (Papa Bill) and Lesley (Aunt Lesley) showed up for breakfast. We had sausage balls, Brad's biscuits, and Sister Shuberts pigs in blankets. YUM. 
Aren't they cute?
Aunt Lesley being silly...
 It was apparently a "WEAR RED" day
 She loves giving her "thumbs up" to everyone!
We actually took all of these pictures for Aunt Meredith, who was in England this Christmas and greatly missed by us all! We love you, Aunt Meredith! 
 And then, because it's Christmas, we let her have some of her Giant Kiss. She knew exactly where to start and after about 3 or 4 bites, was ready to give it back! 

Around 10, Papa Bill and Aunt Lesley left to go get Pop Pop and Mimi (Bill's parents) and just about that time, Aunt Pat and Uncle Doug showed up! 
Sisters!
 Mimi and Pop Pop got here around 11!
 At some point in there, my cousin Alex showed up and then everyone was accounted for! 
Present opening commenced with a vengeance!
 Because I completely missed Lucy opening her presents at the Haynes Family Christmas, I decided to only take pictures of her and wait to open mine until she was done. I'm still not 100% sure who gave her everything, but at least I got to see it all!
 Look at those cuties!
 Lucy got a doctor kit, among the many other things!

 There's that smile! My baby/youngest sister! Not such a baby anymore!
 Once we finished opening presents, we got on Skype with Aunt Meredith. See her on the screen?
 Lucy and Lesley got some laughs with Aunt Meredith.
 Lucy got this cool interactive board to use with her iPod. Not sure who will like this more - Daddy or Lucy!
 Lucy and Bibi
We had an amazing lunch and fun times around the tables! Ham, dressing, green beans, veggie casserole, potato casserole, cranberry sauce, and other yumminess! Not to mention desserts!

Around 2:00, Babu and Andrea showed up to pick up Lucy bug for the afternoon. Everyone headed home and Brad, Lesley and I headed out to the movie theatre to watch LES MISERABLES! And can I just say, IT. WAS. AMAZING. I cried. A lot. And I even teared up a little today just reading a story about the movie. I've got to see it again! 

1 comment:

  1. I have a confession - I've never read or seen Les Mis. I don't even know what the story is about. (I know, I know...if I could hashtag a blog it would be #underarock) But so many people are talking about how amazing it is, so I am dying to go see it!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!