We had such an amazing Christmas! So amazing, in fact, that I'm going to break it up into several posts... WAY too many pictures for just one post!
This is actually on Sunday, Christmas Eve Eve, and my official 36 weeks picture. (I hit 37 weeks tomorrow, Dec 28)
We had a Christmas Eve service at church on Monday night. It was short and filled with carols and family worship together. I got to sing with a group of ladies and Lucy had a great time going between Bibi and our great friends a row behind us. And her favorite part - she got to hold her very own candle! She was mesmerized by it! She would blow on it a little and say, "Mommy, mine is dancing!"
After the service, we went to Bibi and Papa Bill's house for chicken pot pie! Yum! Lucy came downstairs wearing this funny elf hat!
She was very funny in the hat!
After we got back to our house, we got Lucy in bed and then got the living room all decorated. Here's our tree. We just love a real tree!
Lucy's stocking and "Big" present from Mommy and Daddy.
(*We don't do "Santa" because we don't want Lucy getting the REAL meaning of Christmas mixed up with the fantasy and commercialism of Santa. We talk about Santa, but we talk about how he is not real. Brad and I both grew up doing "Santa" and we both turned out fine. I have no problem with folks who "do Santa." It's just something we've chosen as a family to not do. This is a big conversation, I know...I can give you more reasons later if you'd like...)
It was a wonderfully easy day for our family. I actually had LOTS of contractions all day long which are not fun at all when they don't lead to actual labor! I didn't think I'd make it to the Christmas Eve service...but alas, I'm still pregnant and according to my doctor "those contractions don't count." Boo. But Merry Christmas!










I love all of these Christmas posts! Can't wait to see Lucy strumming her guitar :)
ReplyDelete