This post is mainly for me - to chronicle what happened last night. But also to let you all know.
Last night we met some of our friends at Chick-Fil-A (Yum!) for dinner around 5:30. We let the kiddos play. We sat close by the playground. All was good. Around 6:15 or so, my back started hurting. I chalked it up to the less-than-soft chairs and the simple fact that I'm 8+ months preggo and well, most of the time, I'm not comfy! During the next hour, I had about 5 Braxton Hicks contractions and my back pain didn't go away, but only got worse.
We loaded up in the car to head to Toys-R-Us to pick up our stroller/carseat and to let Lucy play with the toys for a little while. I asked Brad to drop me at home because there was NO way I was walking around a toy store for an hour.
I got inside and the contractions didn't stop. I sat down and watched a crazy episode of Say Yes to the Dress (a gal spent $26,000 on a dress!!!), all the while the contractions are strong and my back is killing me! I looked up a website that told me the difference between Braxton Hicks (false) contractions and real contractions. I got a little worried when I was reading the section of "When to call your doctor" and I was experiencing several of the things they listed.
So, I called my mom. :)
And I cried. I'm not sure why. The pain. The worry from the website. The hormones! Mom suggested that I call the doctor, just to give us both a peace of mind.
Remember, Brad and Lucy are at Toys-R-Us! So, I called Brad and told him I was about to call the doctor. He was so calm and sped up their toy time and headed home.
After I called the answering service and told them everything that was going on and for how long, they told me that a nurse would call back. During this waiting time, I figured that I better get me a bag packed - just in case - and I needed to get Lucy some clothes packed to go to Bibi's (my mom's) house.
I'm still contracting. And crying. And in pain. BLAH.
I talked to the nurse and she told me to come on in so they could monitor me. They wanted to make sure that the baby wasn't being adversely affected by all the contracting. She asked me if the baby was still moving like usual. WELL... I couldn't answer that accurately because I had only been paying attention to the pain!
We dropped Lucy off and drove to the hospital. I'm still contracting and crying. The contractions slowed down a bit and I felt like my stomach eased quite a bit, but my back was still hurting a lot. Brad timed the contractions at between 5-10 minutes apart.
When we got there, they hooked me up to the monitors and checked to make sure it wasn't real labor - it wasn't - and we waiting to see the doctor. Thankfully, everything was good. Dr came in and said something about how the muscles can get so tense - honestly, I don't really remember. He gave me a muscle relaxer and they monitored me and the baby for about an hour more.
I got a little loopy from the muscle relaxer, I don't have any infections or kidney stones - which is what they thought might be causing the sudden back pain. And I'm not "ready down there" for the baby to come.
I, of course, felt a little silly that we had to go to the hospital. But I was assured that I made the right choice by calling the dr and going in. I'm happy to say that all is well. I slept well last night - thank you Flexerel! And I haven't had any contractions this morning. We want the baby to come early, but we need to wait it out a few weeks more! (I'm 35 weeks today)
I'm taking it easy. VERY EASY today. I didn't experience anything like this with Lucy, so I was freaked out a bit! And, I guess Chick-Fil-A is a bit too stressful for me! :)
I know God is in control. I trust Him. Pray with me that I'll trust in Him as we continue to wait for Baby #2 to arrive!
Friday, December 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh goodness! Praying and hoping for a good couple of more weeks of pregnancy! Praying for trust for you....and for a great delivery! It won't be long!!!
ReplyDelete