HOWEVER. Schools here cost a lot. I mean, A LOT - "More than we paid for college" A Lot. To give you a glance at prices... The American School here is $18,030.66 for K-5, with a $10, 262.41 deposit. I would say this is the top of the line school here. But are you kidding me? That's INSANE!
We know we can't do KG1 for Lucy at an international school here, so we've been looking into a nursery school for her. She's so social and really needs to get out of the house. Again, there's a problem. The problem is that Lucy is 4 years old. Every single place tells me that she needs to be in KG1. BLAH. I know that.
So, moving on to the positive. I found a school that is within walking distance of our house and it's a Montessori nursery school! How super cool! It's still a little pricey, but nowhere close to $28,000+! We are excited about this school and the whole Montessori idea.
They have a summer program that runs for 5 weeks and is in our price range! We went today for their Open House Day and Lucy had a great time! She's certainly the only white person at the school, but it's an English-speaking school, so that makes us happy for her to not feel like such an outsider. There are mostly students from our country, but there are some from a few other Arab countries and one South African student. They will do games, crafts, swimming, class trips, and a lot of fun Montessori learning activities. She starts June 9! We're super excited for her!
Here's a few pictures from our time at Open House Day.
We started in the 4 year old classroom with Lucy doing some Montessori activities.
Here's her teacher. She's Pakistani and speaks the most beautiful English!
Then they had painting and coloring.
Then, of course, Lucy loves the outside play area! The lighting is odd, but that's because it's a covered play area. (By the way, the temperature hit about 114 today!)
Lucy came back inside and got her face painted.
A flower and a heart.
And here's how Will spent his time at the Open House.
We're registered and ready to go. Lucy seems excited! And I know she'll have a good time with other students. I'm excited about her learning the Montessori method.













I get giddy when I take my girls to school every fall. I'm excited for a little free time, I'll admit :), but it's mainly because I'm so excited for THEM, knowing how much fun they're gonna have learning. I'm happy you found something that wasn't insanely expensive!
ReplyDelete