It's been a L O N G week. All 3 of us have been sick. And unfortunately, I'm the only one still hanging on to my infirmity. Blah. This head cold is a killer! Good news, the rotavirus that had Brad down for 2 days at the start 'o' the week and the allergies/puking/diarrhea that Lucy had have all passed! Alhumdililah! (Praise God!)
Tomorrow should be our first day with all 3 of us back at school! Inshallah.... (If God wills...)
*A note about "Inshallah"* This word/phrase is used all the time here. When you ask someone for something to happen at a certain time, or say you'll see them later, or anything of the like, they answer with "Inshallah." It's basically a word they use to mean "Maybe/If I'm in the mood/If you're lucky/Probably not/Yeah right!.." anything, actually.
FOR INSTANCE, the other night when I went to pick up my abaya - which is fantastic, by the way - and it wasn't ready,
I said, "I need it tomorrow night. You told me it would be ready today and it's not, so I have to have it tomorrow night."
He responded with, "Inshallah."
I said, "No. Not Inshallah. Lazim (means "necessary/must")"
He grinned.
It was there the next night. :)
It would be different if they used it for real. Cause really, we will all only do something "If God wills" it to happen, right?
Moving on...
So, last weekend, we were down with Brad and Lucy being sick and that lasted into Sunday. I was fine then and went to school on Sunday. The cold struck hard and fast on Sunday night. Wowzer! We planned on taking Lucy to school on Monday, but she woke up with diarrhea, so she stayed home and I stayed with her. Same thing happened on Tuesday morning.
Then today, Wednesday.
I had a doctor's appointment today, just a check up, across the border in another, bigger, more modern city than our current one, so we knew we'd miss school today.
(I'm not even going to TRY to explain how complicated it is to check out of our current country and into another one, so don't ask! Just come visit. It's quite an experience.)
All that said, it took us a lot longer getting across than we thought - mainly because of some silly mistakes we made.
But once we were through, Alhumdililah, we had a great day!
We had McDonald's for lunch - yum. (I know, Meredith T.W. is cringing right now, but once a month, or so, and at least there you KNOW you'll get a good burger!) And then the doctor appointment was great! He even answered some questions we had about Lucy! Then we headed to a grocery store that has some great American food - and already had Christmas music playing and the beginnings of Christmas decorations out! Wow! And then Chili's for dinner! I've had my red meat fix for a while! WOOHOO! (fyi - They guy at the table next to us at Chili's was from Ardmore, AL! Small world...)
SO, we have 1 more day left in this school week - Thursday. (It's our "Friday")
It's very likely that we'll be given a test tomorrow. Our tests are *optional* so I've decided that I'm going to *opt* out and make it a HW assignment/take home test. It's been a rough week, and like I said, I'm still nursing this head cold!
I'd love and appreciate your prayers for our family. Lucy's catching every single germ and bug that goes around her precious nursery school and bringing them home with her. We've all been so sick these past 2 months, but especially sweet Lucy! Please Pray for her health... and for ours!
Here's to a better weekend! :)
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!