Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baby, it's "Cold" outside!

We went to the park late this afternoon/tonight. It was great! And because we went at 5 - WAY before the Arab culture is out and about - and because we went technically on a weekday here, we were the only ones there with our other American friends. It was great! Lucy ran wild, of course. She's cooped up in our apartment with no outside area, so when she gets out, she's F R E E!

Brad put her on a swing. She loved it and cried all the way home when we had to leave! She's gonna be that kid that hogs the swing all the time. I can see it now.


And of course, my child found the only water puddle in the whole place. No, it hasn't rained here in a long time. These are puddles from the sprinklers. And she plopped right down and started splashing. And once it happened once, there wasn't much we could do. So, we just let her play.




Except, wait. Now you're thinking about the title of this entry, aren't you? "Baby it's "cold" outside!" That is true. And I was afraid that my little punkin was getting quite chilly, so I grabbed her up, much to her chagrin, and carried her back to our picnic spot and changed her clothing - head to toe. Except I didn't have any other shoes, so she got to go barefoot the rest of the evening.

Temperature right now is 73. That's quite chilly for our Arab nation. And especially for us, having lived her for a year and a half, now. It probably got up to the low 80s today, but we didn't turn on the ACs at all! It's SO nice! We had all the windows open and all the ceiling fans going and it was bliss!


Because of said "coldness," we left the park by 7. A short trip for us, but a fun one, indeed. 


Here's another cool succession of pictures I got while Lucy was swinging:




I love that the last shot is just her little feetsies. Sweet toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!