Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

There are some pretty amazing Fathers in my life! I am blessed beyond measure with the amazing men God has placed around me.

Most of them are still alive, but two of them are already in the presence of our Maker, 2 of my grandfathers - Mancil Hays and Harold Perrin. Both of these men blessed me and doted on me and loved me unconditionally while they were alive. I miss them terribly and think of them often, and I know that my life was enriched because of them.

Now, the rest of these men I will show you in pictures.

My Daddy. This picture is from our wedding day. Daddy was so handsome in his tux! I love my Daddy! He has taught me so much and his love and passion for animals and Africa is a part of why we ended up on this side of the world doing what we love! I am so blessed to be loved unconditionally by my Daddy. I'm excited to see Daddy and Lucy together in a few months! 
(Or Babu, as Lucy calls him. "Babu" is grandfather in Swahili)
I love you, Daddy! Thank you for being amazing!
 My Step-Dad, Bill. This is in Lucy's first months in 2009. I have the best memories of standing on Bill's shoulders at the pool of every single hotel we went to on any vacation. I didn't drink coffee for the longest time because he told me it would put hair on my chest. I can't wait to get Lucy and Bill, Papa Bill, together to play trains in the living room at his house. Bill, I love you! Thank you for blessing me and for loving me and my little family, my sisters, and Mom! 
My grandfather, PR. This was a Skype date on Christmas 2010. PR is one of the funniest men I know. He makes us laugh with his "powerful stories." He loves his wife and takes care of her every need in the most admirable way! He is a loving grandfather to all 3 of his granddaughters and to his 1 great-granddaughter. We love you, PR!
 My F-I-L, Larry. This was on the day he became Pops. Now, Larry, I don't know you much as a Father, but I do know your 4 amazing kiddos and if that's not a testimony to you, well, I don't know what is. Even just the one - Brad - is enough to send you over the top! I love you and I'm thankful for you!
And finally,
My amazing husband, Brad. This was on the day you became a Daddy. You are the light of my life. Besides my Heavenly Father, there is no other person as important and influential in my life as you. You are the most amazing father and a wonderfully doting husband. I am blessed beyond measure every single day I have with you. Lucy adores you, and rightly so. Thank you for loving me and Lucy and for encouraging me daily. I love you! 

Happy Father's Day to these amazing men and to all the fathers out there! 


1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love it that Lucy calls your dad by a Swahili name. My brother's kids call James "Foofa" which is hindi for father's younger sister's husband. :) I don't know why I didn't insist on being Foofy!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!