And then it happened. A Mother's Day Miracle.
We stepped into the most beautiful man-made cornucopia of food and housewares and clothing that I think I've ever seen. Our tiny village-like town's own Lulu Hypermarket!
This may not seem like a big deal to most of my readers. And to those of you, well, you'll just have to excuse me for a bit during this post. See, our tiny town has what they call "gift markets" where we've been doing most of our grocery shopping for the past 2 years. But in these gift markets, you can get only things that locals like and eat/use. We've adapted and I can get almost everything I need from these small "gift markets." But when we head to a big city across the border or into our former big city, we stock up! We've become hoarders. (we started that in TZ...but it's continued.) We can't even get good toilet paper from the gift markets!
But on Wednesday, all that changed. No longer will we be shopping at the gift markets. No longer will we be hoarders. (!!!) No longer will I have to buy all toiletries and Heinz ketchup and pretzels and chocolate chips and cereal across the border. Oh No, my friends. It's all here now, just a 5 minute drive from our apartment. And I'm. So. Happy. Just thought you should all share in this moment with us. :)
My little poser...






YAY!!! I totally get the excitement!! It IS a Mother's Day Miracle! :)
ReplyDelete