Monday, August 22, 2011

In other news...

We spent a few days in the Big D, waiting for some friends to come back from the US. We played in the malls, ate good food, spoke some Arabic, and relaxed.  
Lucy found a bike helmet. It was her "silly hat" for a while.
And she found a friend, who also had a "silly hat"
 The played on this big inflatable for a long time! And Brad made friends with her dad.
 We finally got her to go down the slide!
 But sweet thing couldn't climb up by herself!
 They were super cute, and best pals for the 30 minutes they played together!

AND, we finally got a duvet cover for our new down comforter on our bed! I LOVE it! Brad's not so happy about the flowers, but he's getting used to them! We've got a nice red, white, and blue bedroom!

We're enjoying our last "free" days before school starts back. Since it's Ramadhan here, everyone's schedule is flipped. I mean, for real, flipped. They stay up WAY late, eating their last meal around 3am, then they sleep until WAY late in the day. I'm not really sure what time folks get up, but we tried a store yesterday around 10:45 am and it was still closed - as were all the stores surrounding it. Brad, Lucy, and I haven't adjusted quite that much, but we are staying up later and sleeping later, for sure. Brad got up at 9:15 yesterday morning and Lucy was still asleep!

Brad's had a visit with a friend and I've had 2 visits. God is good. Back to normal life we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!