While most of you on the other side of the "pond" celebrated Halloween this weekend, it was a normal weekend for us. Well...besides the amazing Wadi trip (see last post). October 31 brought us a normal, long day of Arabic, spaghetti for dinner, and a homemade cheesecake - made by my wonderful husband (has yet to be tasted cause it has to chill for 4 hours).
I did put Lucy in her jack-o-lantern onesie from last year. It still fits. It's a 6-9 month onesie, and as you can see, it's a little tight in the torso, but mainly, it's her legs and arms that have really grown. Check out her LONG Legs! Sheesh!
It's basically impossible to get her to look at the camera these days. So, I end up taking a billion pictures of her not looking cause the camera has a little delay between when you push the button and when it actually takes the picture.
I love her crazy hair in the shot below.
And here she's totally posing! Not on purpose, of course. Had to trick her to look at me!
It's appropriate that we end with this picture. She's reading her Bible. See, today is Reformation Day. This is the day that Martin Luther (not MLK, Jr., but the first, very important to church history ML) nailed the 95 Thesis on the door of a Catholic church, arguing against certain things that the Catholic church permitted and even condoned. Feel free to research it if you'd like. Brad would be the family authority on all things Reformed for me and I'm certain he'd answer any questions you might have.
All that to say... I'm glad Martin Luther stood up to corruption way back in 1517. Happy Reformation Day! All glory to God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love it that you posted about Reformation Day. I love you.
ReplyDelete-Brad
Yep that was definitely a much more important day in history than celebration of scary things, death, witches, devils, and such.
ReplyDelete