Oh my. It's October 12 and I haven't blogged since September 27! Sheesh. I'm slacking. Sorry.
Things are chugging along here. Language school is rough, though it's mostly the hours and getting into a routine.
Daily Routine:
Get up around 7:30
Leave the house around 8:40.
Go pick up some Korean classmates of ours who don't have a car to take Lucy & their daughter to the nursery.
Drive to the school.
First class, 9:05-10:00.
Second class, 10:05-11.
Break, 11-11:35.
Third class, 11:40-12:35
Fourth class, 12:40-1:35
Pick up Lucy and Korean's daughter at nursery.
Drop off Koreans.
Get to our apartment around 2.
Lucy goes straight to her bed, ready for a nap...even whining if we deviate at all with a diaper change or anything that keeps her from the bed.
Brad and I eat lunch and just VEG OUT for about 2 hours. Sometimes we nap. Most days we watch some brainless TV show to help us wind down mentally.
Lucy's up around 4 and she gets a snack and watches Barney or some video.
Play time in the evening.
Then bath and bed for Lucy around 7:30/8.
Then Brad and I do homework, spend time with the Lord, do whatever needs to be done to get ready for the next day... And to bed around 11.
It's a long day. I know it probably seems pretty normal to all of you. But we're still getting used to it all. We won't have so much driving when our Korean classmates get their car. (Please pray for that!)
A huge HUGE blessing is that Lucy seems to really love her school. She doesn't cry now when we leave her. She's totally exhausted when we get her home. Her teachers really seem to like her, too.
We had a long weekend this past week and we went to the Big City near us with some of our new friends from our class. They are pretty great. (We actually met through the blog world before they moved here!) Brad and blog friend husband are so much alike. We all have a great time together. (Alhumdililah! - Praise God!)
It's nice to be able to head to this Big City and have some yummy American food and swim in the pool and just relax. And we ate some GOOD food, too! PF Changs, Johnny Rockets, Chili's, California Pizza Kitchen, On the Border... yummmmmm!
Sad news of the weekend was that I bought 2 frozen Butterball turkey breasts and left them in the CAR! AGHHH!!! Yep. That's a good chunk of change down the toilet! Thankfully, they didn't stink up the car... which is a miracle in the still 100+ degree heat daily. Oh well.
Hope you're all doing well. I was going to post a picture for you, but the internet is c r a w l i n g today...
Hopefully my next post will be soon and super interesting!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Learning language is SUPER tough - I think your day sounds pretty difficult. I remember we were told that you end up needing about 2 extra hours of sleep when you're in cultural and language immersion, because it exhausts you. So keep it up! You'll reach past those plateaus and blocks, and soon you'll be speaking fluently.
ReplyDelete