I've been taking Lucy to a homeschool co-op group this year to give her a little more social interaction. We've done shadow puppets, seed planting, and now we're doing field trips around the city! And what an amazing place to go on field trips! Last week, we went hiking in a wadi. The group was 5 moms (including me) and bunches of kiddos - mostly aged 10 and up, but several aged 5-10. Lucy is always the youngest in anything we do, and since I don't actually homeschool her, we just tag along when appropriate.
Let me tell ya... This was the hardest hike of my life. Not the longest or requiring the most endurance, but the most acutely difficult hike ever. Lucy was amazing! Granted, she had a lot of people - kids and moms - helping her and lifting her up onto the rocks and such, but she never complained and did wonderfully!
Amazingly enough, I was one of the more adept moms! HA! I will tell you, I love to hike and put a deep, clear pool at the end and I'm all about it! The weather is still nice enough here that it wasn't too hot, but still felt wonderful to jump into the cool water.
This wadi wasn't too long of a hike, but it was a beast when we actually got to the climbing part. There were rock walls about 5-8 feet tall that we had to scale and then small caves to climb through (where I kinda had a little bit of a "don't freak out in this tiny space" moment).
But the pools...
Getting to the first pool wasn't too bad, although we did have a pretty nice 7 or so foot straight up climb right before we got there. (I didn't get any pics at the first pool because I was SWIMMING!!) Getting up to the second pool that actually feeds the first pool - OH MY GOODNESS. It was hard. My hands are all cut up from the rough rocks and scooting around through the caves. We had lunch at the 2nd pool.
She's SO cute!
Here's what we saw when we came out at the top pool...
Precious teens helping Lucy once I got out of the water.
We are SO blessed to live in this country and be surrounded by beautiful places like this! And the beach on the other side! What a fun childhood for our kiddos. I'm so grateful! And in awe of God's amazing and beautiful creation!



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!