WHAT A DAY!
I've been looking forward to this day for years! I mean, I studied theatre in college! I am all about dressing up. This day started at 4:30 with makeup and ended at 2 am - or even later with my scrubbing that makeup off!
Our new house is next door to a salon, owned by our landlord's daughter. She's amazing. I LOVE HER! (She did my makeup and hairstyle.)
The finished product. This is considered "light" makeup for Arabs... HA HA HA! Of course, the first thing she did was color in my eyebrows. But she was convinced that since she did them brown, it was more natural. :) I love my eyes, otherwise! And then came the lips! RED!
I'd gotten henna done the night before, also in her salon.
Then it was time for my hair. The first thing was curling it all up!
I wasn't looking in the mirror as she was curling it, so when she finished, I couldn't stop laughing! HA! I sent this picture to Brad and he said it didn't even look like me! I agree!
Curls all the way around! And not just curled...hair-sprayed like crazy! I haven't had this much product in my hair since our wedding day!
First thing that had to be done - get rid of the butt cut! I am not a fan of the middle part (butt cut).
And the final product! I liked it... but then she put the flower in and I LOVED IT!
I was in the salon from 4:30-7:45!!!
Then I went and picked up my amazing friend and we headed to her sister's wedding.
Here's the stage.
And my friends - N on the left and their housemaid, amazing Z. I LOVE these women!
The full picture! Eyebrows don't look so bad!
Me and N got the same henna on our hands.
The radiant bride, S! She's N's younger sister.
She is funny and caring and always makes me feel so welcome in their huge family!
Then came her man. His entrance was memorable. to say the least! He was loving all the attention! Hands raised, seemingly beckoning the women to hoot and holler (in their Arab style, of course). It was fantastic! And he went immediately to S and gave her a kiss on the cheek - to even more hoots and hollers! Loved it!
I look forward to getting to know them as a couple.
And here I am at 2am in the morning.
(I'm so excited to tell you that this dress was the first one I bought and it hasn't fit me properly since before I was pregnant with Will... WOOHOO!)
This was by far my favorite wedding experience ever! I love this family and I've spent more time with them in the last 5 years than I have with my own family back in the USA! How I long to call them my sisters in Christ!





















Love everything about this post! You looked beautiful and def like an Arabian Princess!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! I live weddings too!
ReplyDeleteOhhh this looks so FUN!! I want to plan a visit to you around one of your friend's weddings so I can go too. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way - I think your makeup, even eyebrows (although they are definitely much darker than us blondes tend to be!) looks amazing! You are beautiful with or without all the makeup! And wow your hair - you are right, the flower adds SO much to the look!
ReplyDelete