Saturday, March 22 was the anniversary of being married to my best friend! 11 years! He makes me a better me. I'm so grateful that God put us together 12 years ago in Montevallo and that we got legally hitched 11 years ago!
We started out as best friends - it was a case of,
"I don't have a guy best friend."
"Well, I don't have a girl best friend."
"Wanna be best friends?"
"Sure!"
And in the weeks and months and eventually years that followed, we did just that - became the best of friends!
One of those first few dates...atop Red Mountain. The first time we said, "I love you" to each other.
Many hours spent in the press box at Montevallo!
How I first fell in love with him - swing dancing!
This is at our wedding.
And here we are outside the Royal Opera House here in our city. We got free tickets to go see...
It wasn't Romeo & Juliet like we know it. It had the same basic story line, but it was still quite a bit different. It was based on the R&J story. And it was in Italian...Brad fell asleep. I was so close, but managed to stay awake. In case we ever wondered, we are not opera fans. But it was still a very fun experience and such a blessing to be able to go! We felt very fancy!
They have monitors on the backs of every seat to translate!
Amazing tickets on the 2nd row of the 3rd tier.
Check out the cool bathroom signs in our country...
Overlooking the lobby of the opera house
Brad had to wear a jacket!
Our view of the stage
During intermission, we snuck into one of the boxes that overlooks the stage.
Ever wondered what the view is from there?
It's not great!
But we got a cool view of the house - the section in the center of the 2nd tier balcony is where the Sultan sits when he comes (I've heard he's only comes once).
And afterwards....
THE greatest dessert we've ever had!
It's a cake (called a Pudding - silly English) with this decadent chocolate sauce on top and vanilla bean ice cream. Yes, please.
Happy Anniversary, my Love! I am blessed beyond measure! Thank you for asking me to be Mrs. Haynes!


















Well don't you look pretty?!?! That place is beautiful. I am not an opera person either! And I feel like you've posted a few "best ever!" desserts. And I would agree with all the descriptions. So to sum up, we aren't opera people, but are chocolate people. :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys did get all fancy! Nice jacket Brad! :) I love hearing your story... again and again! Happy 11 years to two amazing people! What a beautiful Love Story God is writing with your lives!
ReplyDelete