Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Brad!

June 21 was my hubby's birthday. He likes that I'm 10 days older...and when we were still in our 20s, he was allowed to give me a hard time about being older for those 10 days. Now that we're in our 30s, he's not allowed to do that anymore! I love you, Brad! Welcome to 33!

We started the day off by letting Daddy/Brad sleep in to about 9. Then we burst in with "Happy Birthday" and presents.
Ever try to keep a 4 year old from opening someone else's presents? Hard.

 Sleepyhead. But OH, so cute!
 Our next surprise was a huge banner/card that Lucy and I worked on for days. She wanted me to do super heroes on it - can you see my Batman, Spiderman, and Ironman faces/logos?
After that, we had pecan pancakes, at the Birthday Boy's request.

 We then headed to our house church. We start at 11, but I had something planned...and so we arrived around 11:30. And as soon as the door opened, they yelled, "SURPRISE!" Yep, we got him! He was so surprised! I'd been working on this for about 2 weeks with everyone. 
 On Thursday, I went over and decorated the house we met in and even got a friend to make a cake for him!





 We came home after church and Brad ate his birthday present from our Indian friends - palak paneer. 
We had a relaxing afternoon, complete with a "Happy Birthday" phone call and song from Bibi.
Then, the real presents: 
Chicken Spaghetti for dinner

Followed by an Ice Cream Cake! Chocolate cake, homemade Vanilla ice cream, and an Oreo layer.

 SO Yummy!
Brad's asked for an Ice Cream cake for years! I finally delivered!
 Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to my soul mate, best friend, love of my life, best hubby and daddy in the world!
Happy Birthday to you!



1 comment:

  1. Oh fun wife you are, planning a surprise party and stuff all the live long day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!