Friday, February 17, 2012

Last Week in Pictures

Opening birthday presents from Nana, Pops, Aunt Sarah, and Aunt Emily. Thanks!
I made a "Simple" Chicken Parmesan. Yeah right. NOT simple at all. But it was SO delicious! I mean, SO delicious. I will probably make it again, but certainly give myself more time. We ended up eating around 7/730. Late for us! The marinara sauce was part of the recipe, too. It is amazing and I'll certainly make it again!
 All "duded" up and ready to go for a walk to the Fort on Valentine's Day
 In front of our building, on our walk to the Fort
 I think we've stopped so many times at this set of stairs behind the Fort that she thought they were just part of the trip. She ran over there and sat down!
 Climbing outside the Fort.
 My two loves, being cute
 She took her purse with her for the first time ever. She was super cute. She even had some coins in there that we got her to give the fruit guy for a banana. Learning how to use money early! (But, he gave her all the coins back...so not learning so much as just being cute!)
 OUR NEW NEPHEW Colin was born on Valentine's Day! He's pretty precious! I cannot wait to kiss those cheeks! Great job, Rachel & Ryan! We love you all!
 My sweetie made dinner for us on Valentine's. And then my other Sweetie wanted to hold hands with her Daddy while she ate. Precious.
 CHEESE!
 Enjoying her Valentine's chocolate from Bibi.
 Happy Valentine's Day!
 I went to a wedding this week. Here's my get-up! (I really, really hate the head covering - shayla is what it's called in Arabic here in our country. It's hard to keep on and you just have to keep adjusting it every few minutes. Blah.)
 At the wedding - waiting for the bride to come out.
 There she is! My friend went with me, Mrs. G, and she and I had the front row seats to the "red carpet" you can see they laid out for her to walk on. The Bride did NOT look happy. Too bad.
Yesterday, we went to the Big D for the day with some new friends, Mr. & Mrs. O and their little one, Alexis. We had a great time. Here's Lucy passed out for her 1.5 hour nap that she took! Amazing! It was an hour and a half more than I expected her to sleep! (Alexis is behind Lucy, also sleeping. They have this amazing double stroller because they are expecting a new bundle of Joy in June)
 When we left yesterday morning, the wind was blowing something fierce outside! And the all along the way to the Big D, a 2 hour drive, it was crazy! Sand blowing everywhere. There were times we couldn't see that far ahead of us at all! And in the Big D, you couldn't see any of the usual sights of the skyline. SO, when we got home last night, here is the dust level on our TV stand, which is right by the front window. EVERYTHING has a nice layer of sand/dust on it.

And it's still blowing hard this morning! Sheesh! 

Happy Saturday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable pics of Lucy at the fort! Okay - questions about the wedding, which fascinates me. Did you take off your shayla once you were with all women? (I saw the other women weren't wearing one, so I'm curious about the rules with that) Also, why is the bride wearing white...is that normal there like here? (I always figured that was a western thing) Do the men and women interact at weddings at all? I think we all need a post about what happens at weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!