I've learned:
1. I get easily overwhelmed with BIG things. Like where to start unpacking when there's so much to unpack. And I've always said that I'd love to be a scrapbook-er, but I get so overwhelmed with where to start because there are SO many options. I just need someone to say "Start here..." and then I'm good. I need some direction. (Example: 2 nights ago, I was standing in the middle of the apt wondering where to start... there's really so much left to do! And Brad says, "Unpack the pots and pans. Start there." And once I started there, I was really very productive and got lots done. I just needed some direction.)
2. Even though she's small, Lucy can sense this huge change. It's showing in how she acts, how much she's sleeping (a lot!) and how she looses it when she can't see us. It's a challenge. I know she'll get through it and probably adjust to our new life here faster than we will... but for now... it's very hard on her cute little self.
3. I'm scared to start language school. Even though I'm a "school" person, I'm not a "language" person. High school spanish was wasted on me! And my Swahili is enough to survive, but I want to do more than just survive here in Arabic. I want to thrive! And as important as all my education was to get me to where I am today, this really is the first schooling that REALLY REALLY MATTERS! I've gotta get Arabic so that I can effectively tell people about Jesus!
4. All these fears and anxieties are really me just not trusting God. Please forgive me, Jesus. Help me to trust you explicitly and to lean on you when I'm struggling... and all the times in between!
So this entry is me virtually laying down all these fears and anxieties at the foot of the cross of Jesus. Pray for me, please. Pray for all of us.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!