Sunday, January 11, 2015

December in Review: Part 2

The first 2 weeks of December were kinda rough. 
But then the M family came! We've known this family since 2006, when we were blessed to meet them. We got to keep their 2 older kiddos quite a bit while we all lived in the same city in East Africa. I taught at the school where their kids still go. We've been mentored by them and they are some of our very best friends! We've started a new tradition of spending Christmas with them. They came last year as well, and this year, they spent 3 weeks with us! 
We got to celebrate their youngest's 7th birthday with him - Happy Birthday, Samuel!
Told you my little man got a major hair cut! Does he look older or younger to you?
Since Lucy was born, we've always *joked* that she and Samuel are betrothed. I mean...were we really joking? Maybe not. He's precious. And they get along so well! These two were inseparable for the 3 weeks they were here. I even overheard a pretty funny conversation in the backseat of the car one night:
Lucy: I want to marry you.
Samuel: What do you mean? 
Lucy: I mean, I want to marry you.
Samuel: Like, for real?
Lucy: Yes.
Samuel: Well, we have to get engaged first.
Lucy: We ARE engaged! 
And so continues Will's love of sitting on top of anyone who is laying on the floor.

As much as Lucy and Samuel bonded, I think Will won over their eldest, Joshua. He's 15 and all teenage boy. But his sweet side came out with Will! They were buddies. Joshua even babysat one afternoon for us!
So that we could go to the Opera House! We took Lucy to her first live show. It was Broadway on Ice. They turned the stage into an ice rink. Besides some alright singers, the skating was phenomenal! Lucy lasted until right at the end and fell asleep with only 3 songs left. It was a fun and fancy afternoon! (Please excuse the big pink boots. I've since bought her some nice shoes.)
I took Lucy shopping one afternoon to spend her allowance money and after much deliberation, this dress is what she picked out. (Trust me, the other option she wanted was much worse!) She's SO cute! And SO girly! (See, nicer shoes with this outfit!)
Spikey hair! (And he's saying, "Cheese")
Buddies.

Buddies!
We went to a race track one night to ride go-karts. It turns out, this is a real, professional race track and you had to be 8 years old to drive a car. So, the younguns and moms just hung out. But they got to take the stage on the winners circle afterwards!
Oh, those dress up clothes...

The M Family also decided to give me and Brad a date night away! This is the first time away from our kiddos in...maybe EVER! We went to the Shangri-La hotel and had an amazingly peaceful and restful night away. A huge thank you to the M Family!
Christmas pictures coming up!

2 comments:

  1. hey...we love that family too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember meeting the Ms in Africa! Very nice couple. And that last picture is GORGEOUS! ShangriLa agrees with you. ;) And the marriage talk...oh Lucy! Brad will have his hands full! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sensitive in your language. We love you and cannot wait to read your comments!